ECLYPSE (Experiential Centre Lighting Youths’ Paths Supporting Expression) has been operating since 1999 as a multi-service youth drop-in centre for 12-24 year olds living in Brampton. A number of local agencies collaborate in the service provision in the centre. Other agencies, to date, that have actively collaborated in the provision of services at ECLYPSE are: the Peel District School Board’s TELL (alternative education) program, the YMCA’s Employment & Community Services and Peel Youth Substance Abuse Program, Peel HIV/AIDS Network, Operation Springboard, African Community Services, Our Place Peel, Associated Youth Services of Peel’s R.A.I.N. Program, and Family Association for Mental Health Everywhere.
ECLYPSE receives ongoing funding support from The Region of Peel and The United Way of Peel.
The key objectives of ECLYPSE are:
- To provide direct services to youth who would have difficulty with accessing services through the more traditional approaches in the social services, education, employment and health sectors.
- To provide a healthy, non-threatening environment for troubled youth to socialize, learn and participate in constructive and growth-enhancing activities.
- To promote increased collaborations amongst youth serving organizations to strengthen services in the Brampton area.
ECLYPSE’s multi-service activities include:
- Counselling Support: walk-in professional supportive counselling, group counselling, referral to social services and ongoing counselling, including addictions counselling and drug/substance abuse information.
- Information: computer and the Internet, tutorial assistance, guest speakers on health care issues, sex education, personal development, skills development and any other pertinent issues raised by the youth.
- Information and assistance for at-risk youth involved in the criminal justice system, including alternatives to custody.
- Employment: job preparation, job board, seminars and workshops on employment, related skills, entrepreneurship.
- Recreation/relaxation: table/board games, video games, music, lounge area.
- Volunteer work: for youth to help organize, implement and monitor the activities, to work as mentors/helpers for their peers, and to engage in community betterment projects.
- Homework support.
ECLYPSE Youth Drop-In Centre (Bramalea)
60 West Dr., Unit 101, L6T 3T6, Brampton, ON, Canada
Telephone: (905) 790-7707 | Fax: (905) 790-7730
ECLYPSE Bramalea Hours of Operation:
Current Covid 19 Hours
- Mondays: CLOSED
- Wednesday: 3:00-7:30pm
- Thursday: 3:00-7:30pm
- Friday: 11:00-5:00pm
Programs all virtual or curb side pick-up
Regular Hours: Monday- Friday 3:00pm – 7:30pm
Contact Number: 905-790-7707